Sunday 29 June 2014

Colour Us Rad

These are all of my photos, plus the one photo my sister sent me (the first). I didn't take any during the hike because I was in "walk" mode and not "photography" mode.

If you're curious, I recorded the walk with MapMyWalk and you can see the stats and route here.

ETA: MapMyWalk 3D video of the route:



Mary-Anne, my sister, made our tutus. With glittery fabric. I vacuumed lots of colour and glitter out of my car yesterday.

The before.
2014-06-28-rad01

Taken before we started. This is how much powder was blowing off of each of the colour stations, where young people enthusiastically pelt the runners/walkers with coloured gluten-free cornstarch.
2014-06-28-rad02

I tucked my eyeglasses safely away and wore mu sunglasses. This is me, happy to not be walking up a fucking ski hill any more, right after I took off my sunglasses.
2014-06-28-rad04

With the sunglasses. I had no idea that the blue dot of powder was on my nose and Mary-Anne chose not to tell me. :-)
2014-06-28-rad03

My best ballerina pose.
2014-06-28-rad05

The parking lot. You could buy extra packets of colour and people were pelting each other pre- and post-race.
2014-06-28-rad06

I told the young people at the purple station that purple is Mary-Anne's favourite colour, and they made sure to extra-pelt her.
2014-06-28-rad07

I laughed when I started stripping to have a shower. My cleavage was a rainbow and no, I did not take a photo. I was ready to wash off the sweat-encrusted cornstarch!
2014-06-28-rad08

According to the race website, the colour will wash out of all clothing. Yeah ... nope. My t-shirt and sports bra still have colour remnants, but that's okay.

1 comment: