Sunday 8 January 2012

Zoo pictures

The ruptured disc/pinched nerve took a lot of things from me. Including my stamina, and my ability to carry a heavy camera around. Consequently, my zoo membership expired because I was no longer up to carrying around the Jedi camera. And only the Jedi camera would do. Just after Christmas, I returned to the zoo, renewed my membership, and took pictures! Siberian tiger Bighorn sheep Bighorn sheep Bighorn sheep Bighorn sheep

The Rocky Mountain goats don't normally get this close to the viewers. Rocky Mountain goat
 Sometimes I just want to give them a good brushing. :-) Rocky Mountain goat Oh deer. Deer

Deer I hadn't seen the lions in a long time - their area was under renovation before. I walked over and saw this big fellow walking around, another rarity. One of the keeps was close by, and he decided to see if it was lunch time, I think. In the lion enclosure

In the lion enclosure When I first looked at the photos on my computer, after downloading, I said "Holy crap money shot!" when I saw this:
  In the lion enclosure
 That is one BIG cat!

 I spent a lot of time just tracking the lions around their enclosure and getting what shots I could. In the lion enclosure

In the lion enclosure


In the lion enclosure


In the lion enclosure


In the lion enclosure

In the lion enclosure

In the lion enclosure Eventually the lions turned their backs on the cameras and I wandered around. Ostrich

 I adore red pandas. Red panda

Siberian tiger

Siberian tiger Big pink yawn! Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard

0 comments:

Post a Comment