Thursday 30 January 2014

First world problems

Yesterday I managed to answer a call on my smart watch for the first time. Before, I would accidentally hang up. But I did it, and everyone around me on the C-Train knew that my prescriptions were ready at the pharmacy (the doctor gave me the wrong paper, I had to call and fax the medical clinic, yadda yadda yadda).

And today my smartphone broke. As in, would not turn on at all. Not even with me pulling out the battery, borrowing a charger from a coworker. I Googled and tried a hard reset. Nothing. So I took it to the Rogers store the next building over. It's under warranty, they will send it away for repair. They gave me an extender so that I can use my SIM card in my old phone - they were out of loaner phones.

I feel a bit annoyed with myself that I trusted Samsung again. When I got my first Samsung three years ago, it also failed within 6 weeks. They lured me in again with the shiny.

I knew that I am more of a smartphone fan than I realized, when I walked from the train platform to the bus stop at the end of the day. Bemoaning the fact that I didn't have a phone on me so I didn't know exactly how cold it was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment