Tuesday 8 April 2014

Mars over Calgary

Since Mars is close to the Earth now, and there is an eclipse happening next week, I decided I ought to experiment with photographing the night sky.

Mars over Calgary. In the middle of the photograph.

Mars over Calgary

I used a timer on the camera to reduce jiggle. I need to tweak the shutter speed because all of the close-ups showed jiggling. This is a heavily cropped image of one of the close-ups. And holy crap, my camera photographed another freaking planet. Who cares if it isn't perfect? Teenage me, who used to spend a lot of time in the backyard looking up, is very pleased with this.

Blurry Mars

FYI, if you ever want to buy one of my photos, that can be arranged. I don't tend to post links here because this is more of a personal blog, but I do have photographs for sale on other sites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment