Friday 21 June 2013

Calgary Flooding of 2013

Everything is fine with me. I have power, I have fresh water, I'm good. I'm being conservative with water usage per a request from the city - so I'm using disposable cups and plates to delay needing to use the dishwasher.

I had to go bail out some plant containers that weren't draining well, then I covered them with plastic bags. The garden is looking fantastic this year with constant rain.

You would almost think this was a normal Friday ... but looking online and on TV, it's a disaster. This is how downtown is looking tonight - so eerie not to have lights.



I don't know what I'm going to do this weekend - the blood donor clinic is closed and my appointment cancelled. I can't go to my Saturday afternoon knitting meetup as it's on a closed road. I don't want to go squirrelly being holed up.

I don't know what's going to happen next week. I take the C-train to work - the tunnels to downtown are full of water. My office building is downtown - presumably partially flooded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment