Friday 20 June 2014

Games night

I went to a new Meetup tonight - the group is for board games, and the specific Meetup was women only.

Of the nine women there, three were named Angela and one was Angelica. :-) We Angelas all had ginger hair and wore glasses, to boot. Angelica is Hispanic and looked nothing like us.

It was a lot of fun. We played Quirkle, Forbidden Island, and Love Letter. I've already RSVPed "yes" for the next all-women Meetups, and one of the other ones as well.

One of the Angelas is someone I met at Drunken Knitwits. I drove her to the nearest train station so that she didn't have to walk or wait a while for a bus, later in the evening. She told me about a Geek Girlz Meetup group that I've since joined. And I've also joined a group on Ravelry that knits baby blankets for the local NICU because another woman tonight is part of it.

Fun and networking - a good evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment